Thursday, January 21, 2010

hopefully mend-able

We had our very own girls night out.

Me, Mak, Kak Long, and Kak Lang.
So-called-girls-night-out, by which mom makes us fill our estimated monthly expenses in a tabulated form she printed.  My sisters are burdened by personal loans, credit card debt, and hubby's debt.

It was awkward in the first place.  Mom lectured us on the importance of keeping your right as a woman - married woman especially.  Finally, everybody began to open up.  Erm, everybody but me, because I don't feel that my problems is worth to be put on the table and be discussed.

Anyway, upon hearing their say, their experiences, their dissatisfactions, their troubles - it makes me realise how my problem is nothing compared to them.  I got this realisation smack on my face that I should indeed cherish my freedom and life as a single *ehem, unmarried* woman at 26 with minimal financial troubles.  Heck, I don't even have any credit card. 

Pertaining to relationship, it is precisely at this stage I have the power to determine the course of my future - of course, guided by God.  I can proceed with what my heart wants, and ended up full of debts and grunts towards the hubby, or I can let patiance open up the better path with the future that I have always dreamt of.

To think about it, sometimes it's scary.  How would you know if you've made the right choice or not?  Life is so full of risks, and sometimes fate might not be as what you've planned.  Like, the sisters opens up their new life full of hopes and dreams - and to be heartbroken and hopes shattered upon 5-6 years of letting a stranger into your life.  It is after 5-6 years that the person you think you are madly in love with, ended up being a person that you barely knew, which makes you question how did you ever got yourself into that mess.

I really hope their troubles are mend-able.

Memetik kata-kata Mak, yang di-print dari tazkirah maghrib yang abah bawa balik dari masjid, "Tuhan bagi kita satu mulut untuk bercakap, dan dua telinga serta dua mata untuk mendengar dan melihat melebihi dari bercakap."

I'm listening.  I'm observing. 
Hopefully I am able to be a better judge for my own good.

2 comments:

idzerqqy said...

People in love do stupid things..like get married..and I am one of them! hahaha..but I am happy and there are no regrets..despite my complaints..Good Luck!

Ms. M said...

betul..kalau do stupid things, but the bottom line is you're happy, that's bliss. tapi, dah la do stupid things, mem'bencana'kan pula kehidupan, oww, misery...