I'm having difficulty to sleep at night these past 3 days, which is never really a problem for me for the last 5 years. When there's a pillow, and a bed, you can see me sleeping soundly, be it day or night, tired or not. I think I'm having a mild case of insomnia. Or maybe like a sleeping disorder.
I loathed forcing myself to sleep. I prepared myself to the dreamland, but my mind kept wandering to the unwanted zone. Is there anything I missed? I suppose I already decided for a closure, so why does my mind kept revolving around the unwanted issues?
I MUST settle myself earlier especially during the weekends. My classes is on the weekend, thus I don't want to be drained off during the lecture sessions. I can't afford to be left out on any session in order to score, but what can I do when my body is resisting the 'sleep' mode?
I turned to the internet, reading blog after blog after blog, and I can't really put my mind on writing a lengthy entry (maybe an exception to this particular part) because I can't really point out clearly what seems suitable to write - although I actually have a lot of things going on inside my mind. I even hopped frequently to Che Det's blog when all the favourite blogger did not update their pages and when I'm done with that, I turned to books. But books like Sidney Sheldon's are too page turning that there's a slim chance for me to lay back early as planned.
I guess it's the 'study' mode. It's the change of work habit, and MAYBE it affects my biological system. MAYBE with this so-called-study-mode, my brain is all recharged to absorb more and more new knowledges, that I'm beginning to remember things that I tend to forget.
Insomnia is tiring. It's draining your brain off. I tend to doze off easily after the early sun rises, and upon it sets, and later I got a headache and serious guilt for letting myself sleep at those awkward most avoidable hours.
Anyway - classes was great. It's the 2nd week, and so far, I managed. The most significant event is when people make such a big fuss over the 12 credit hours of dissertation. Some people would do just about anything to avoid that particular part. I mean, even if you don't want to do a thesis, but you still need to at least involve yourself with some project. You're in a freaking pure technical course, for God's sake. Of course a project is essential. What would've you expected? Theories extracted from textbooks? This ain't management studies... (pardon me, I have issues with Management Studies courses).
Also, there's a sudden change of people selecting elective courses mainly driven by some group of people who are too afraid to be in the class of a lecturer who is well-known-for-his-strict-and-intimidating teaching method. Well, majority are driven by who's teaching which subject. As for me, I am driven purely by my interest. Why should I select a subject that is not of my interest, and merely because the other lecturer seems kinder, and the subject is more layback (read: theories and memorising kind of stuff). Ok, maybe I'm a bit selective in choosing my research supervisor - that's called strategy. But then, why spend such a huge amount of money to pay something that is not of your interest?
OK lah, aku jadi defensive because there's one Grumpy Uncle who was influencing my other classmates to join the other elective subject, and saying that Computer Aided Design is a self-learned subject. Let's see if Grumpy Uncle can make a simple triangle with radius 5 chamfered on each corner if we are to dump him the Pro-Engineer software. Weh, aku bernanah orang kutuk subject favourite. So what if you can't take up the challenge of tight schedules and strict lecturer, janganlah nak kata this particular subject macam budak 5 tahun pun boleh buat. Rasa nak lempang je. Mujur label uncle-uncle.
Well - I guess, that's study life. It's definitely differrent from the Undergraduate moments. You'll meet Grumpy Uncle, Nerd Bookworms, i'll-just-follow-whatever-my-friends-do-freshies, system experts, respectable seniors and foreigners-who-eat-mashed-potato-and-salad-as-their-lunch. It's fun, in it's own way.
2 comments:
welcome to the graduate classes! hehe... memang tension dgn classmate yg 'matang' ni & rasa dia je betul & semua org kena ikut dia psl dia ada pengalaman yg byk.. haih.
yeah, rupanya banyak lagi jenis orang yang kita belum jumpa lagi..
Post a Comment