Anyway -- as Monday emerges, I already freaked out. I've heard a lot of terrible and painful stories of wisdom teeth removal surgery, and having one myself is ultimately scary. I've had people telling me that it sounded like "krrrr krrrr" thing, or how some people who did it in Australia and still had a terrible post-operation pain that you can't do anything about it kind of thing.
Having the surgery being done at a government hospital is even worrying. Some told that the aunt who did it at the government hospital has swollen cheek since she did the surgery to date. Some who paid few hundreds at a private hospital said that it hurts freaking bad that you don't feel like going through it all over again. Many adviced not to proceed at a government hospital.
But, I don't think it's worth flushing your hard earned money for a single teeth removal, that still hurt even if you're in private hospital, or the high-class up to date technology as in Australia. And so, I'm bracing myself - as in keeping the mind clear and totally blank - until Monday comes.
I'm already scared even before the surgery - especially when my wisdom teeth is considered as a rare case. I mean, when a normal teeth grows upward, mine emerges left-ward or right-ward- which highly contributed to the excessive pain during the wisdom teeth peek-a-boo to the world (see the x-ray from previous entry). Gigi pun disoriented macam orangnya :-))
But, when you're expecting the worse of it, and it doesn't turn out as bad as you imagined, you'll emerge from the operation room all smiling and merry even though there's a load of blood and cutting and sewing involves. Emak said "Terkejut pulak aku tengok budak ni keluar operation room. Kita dok ingatkan dia terkulai layu lemah longlai ke apa. Sekali boleh pulak dia tersenyum-senyum macam tak ada apa-apa."
Truth is, it's not as bad as you would've imagined. The only pain you'll feel is when the doctor did the double 'bius' injection into your cheek and your gum with that scary looking injection equipment - and it is a bearable pain.
Less than 5 minutes later, you won't feel a thing even when the doctor began cutting your gum or grind your teeth to pieces. The operation went great. Very professional, and hygienically done, whereby unrelated surgery area are totally covered (which includes the eyes). So, basically I see nothing, and only felt - errr - relatively nothing. Although I heard a lot - the doctors talking about her work with her assistant, the grinding sound, the cracking sound and all kind of unimaginable sounds without that screaming pain kind of thing.
And importantly, the doctor is amazingly superb - although she's a female. She's my first female doctor that I look highly upon. She keep asking me if I'm ok, or if I felt anything - which is very comforting. When there's some occasion where she need to put some extra force onto my chin, she'll inform me. She even explains the risks of removing my awkward positioned teeth, where the circumstances would be that my lips nerves will be effected due to this surgery, and so the swollen effect may also effect my lips - merasa la kalau nak menjadi bibir ala Anita Sarawak. Kesimpulannya, I no longer fear a female dentist.
The teeth removed is on the right side of the face-picture.
Left : Post surgery, effect bius still on, still can't feel half the tounge, and I sounded funny during this time.
Right : 2nd day of post surgery,bius are totally off, pipi bawah dah sedikit labuh macam simpan makanan buat stok waktu darurat :-))
Even when the 'bius' are worn of after a couple of hours after surgery, the pain is still bearable. Although blood is still oozing out, but, well, it's bearable. My post surgery experience is not as bad as what others have told. No, my lips didn't swell (so long, bibir ala Kak Nita..) It doesn't hurt and it's like this feeling where your cheek is bulging and that crammed feeling. That's all. Unless lah kalau kau gatal nak menganga luas-luas sambil mencabar diri makan keropok keras-keras, lepas tu gigit dekat surgery area - memang cari penyakit lah namanya.
Azmul said my pipi labuh picture doesn't look that different with my normal picture. Ok fine, swollen cheek doesn't have that much effect on me I guess. Even the doc was saying like "banyak tisu dia ni" while sewing the gum. I'm not sure if the fact that I have a lot of tissue in my mouth contributed to the less-pain post surgery effect.
But, the bottom line is, go to a good hospital - and a government hospital is superb, even if you're paying very minimal for the service. Murah tidak semestinya crap, ok. Hidup University Hospital, KL! I survived the wisdom teeth removal minor surgery with a smiling face :-) Tak payah pergi Australia, tak payah pergi hospital swasta, selamat RM1000 untuk satu gigi, paid nothing since I'm a student there, no pain, quick, clean and efficient. Tak sabar aku nak bragging kenyataan ini dekat manusia yang meyuruh aku menabur duit kepada hospital swasta yang mencekik darah itu.
1 down, three more to go. And I guess I won't be scared as I used to. :-)

No comments:
Post a Comment