Sunday, June 6, 2010

gratitude



Apa kau ingat Hanis Zalikha je boleh letak result gempak-gempak dekat net?  Saya pun boleh juga....

Ok, fine.  I'm bragging.  I think. there would be quite a number with this kind of result because for the A- subject, I seriously think that I would get a C instead.  Kalau aku pandai macam ni masa degree dulu, dah lama aku terbang ke luar.

Alhamdulillah.

Dan di kala ini, people tend to be humble and do the down to earth lines seperti "tak cemerlang pun, biasa aja" when they actually get straight As in their result.  (Dan aku bragging dengan melampaunya di dalam blog atas result sebegini).

Tips untuk belajar..?  Just be in love with what you're doing.  Dan, saya jarang makan ikan...  I am more of an 'ayam' person (which explains the high cholesterol level I'm having).

Anyway, work has been great.  Great in the sense that I don't feel too stressed out upon coming back home.  It's a very layback stuff since the boss is away to US until next week.  I only have to make some phone calls with some lazy PAs who think making a simple approval letter is a task similar to moving mountains.

And the colleagues here is amazing.  They consists of a multicultural group that makes me realise how diverse the conversation can be.  You don't just talk about 'other' people or how 'other' people is looking at you or standing too near to you or 'other' people bugs your boyfriend - but the scope of communication gets much-much-much wider than just a mere 'other' people and me-me-me problems.

We may be talking about the alcohol level in a drink or the taste of it or funny human biological system or the narratives of some 3-column comic strips or why carrying an umbrella is not considered as part of masculinity.  It's very refreshing to get something out of the normal mundane.

But, great working environment have its toll as well.  I go back and forth from the workplace with cusses every morning and evening without fail.  Traffic jam makes me one impatient person.  As an effort to tone down the tremendously increasing cussing vocabulary, I substitute normally used words like 'babi' and 'bodoh' with slightly less dramatic such as 'binatang' or 'bikin onar je umat ni' - normally being thrown at people who doesn't follow the proper lane, and most of the time is towards the traffic police.

Driving back-and-forth to the workplace at KL at peak hour is almost the same as driving back-and-forth to Melaka in ANY hour.  Thank God, it's flexible working hour, so I get to arrive to the office very early, and leave much earlier just to avoid the heavy traffic.  Half an hours makes such a big difference!

Anyway, still trying to adapt to this new environment.  Loving it, and the great examination result makes it even better.

No comments: