Tuesday, August 3, 2010

I don't have to change my lens.

It turns out that the day I felt very least likely to go to the office turns out to be one of my most productive day.  I fully utilised the 9 hours at the office with official work, and preparing the task dissemination list for the group member  for our recent lab session and 10% of you-tube-ing and fb-ing (wajib!).  What a nice productive day.

Last Saturday, my dad called me repeatedly, like 2-3 times, but I didn't pick it up since I was in the class, and the phone is on silent mode.  Later, my mum called -- I think upon dad's persuasion.  In my case, when my parents called me repeatedly within a very short time span, two things crossed my mind :

1) Something bad has happened to the family or relatives.
2) I did something terribly wrong, and they found out about it.

So long of being optimistic -- it doesn't really apply when it comes to the parents.  Haha!

Turns out that the urgent phone call is about flat screen TV promotion.  I was a bit dumbfounded when Abah told me about the promotion thing.  It's like - uh huh, flat screen, tv, and so..?

And then Abah linked that TV promotion thing with a little talk I had with my mum back then about asking the possibility of using Abah's credit card to buy a new TV (flat screen preferably) since the house's TV was damaged due to the lightning strike, and we have to use Mak-Abah's bedroom TV instead.

OK, now I get it.  The time has come for that new TV set yang sebelum ni hanya omong-omong kosong.

OK la, fine, since I rarely give them anything, apart from belanja-belanja makan and the monthly duit balas budi, I gave a go-ahead for the 42" flat screen.  So, I'm using Abah's credit card, and the monthly payment will come from me.  Yikes.

In a way, it's a good thing that I decided to be clean of any credit card because I'm a very foolish spender, and so, might as well avoid any unnecessary bad circumstances :-D  And using Abah's credit card is like a control to my own spending.  It's like a having a shopping spree with the parent's consent.
Photo credit here

And now, I don't have to worry about not being able to read the subtitles clearly.  Welcome home.  Oh, and due to this new purchase, I have to cut back the expanses planned for duit raya anak-anak saudara.  Haha!!  Now, that's a good and reliable excuse.

On another note, mak has bought a new jogging shoes -- to jog around our housing area.  To think about it, MAK...JOG???

My parents is a very health cautious couple -- especially when the wife is a nurse.  So, my parent have this self check blood pressure equipment, and mak found out that her blood pressure shoot up from having a low blood pressure to be in a higher quartile.  She went to the doctor to confirm, and the doc advised her to start exercising.  Mak is like me, we never exercise.  Maybe a little jog, when she's younger.

And so, she immediately bought a new black jogging shoes, and start her exercise session this morning around 6.30.  While I go out to work, she goes out for her little jog.  Aku rasa sangat jealous bila tengok mak jogging.  I mean --- hey, I wanna join in the fun too!!  I don't want to go to work!!

Maybe one day we'll have mother-daughter jogging-walking session.  Tapi bilanyalah, my schedule is full.  Weekdays with work, and weekends with classes.  Takpe, takpe, I'll squeeze in somewhere.  It's not fun to jog alone!  :-D

No comments: