Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Shut off

Pernah tak tiba-tiba tengah-tengah kau sedap-sedap buat kerja, suddenly you become blank?  Like - totally system shut-off?  Mata bukak, telinga dengar, tangan gerak, but you brain does not register what you see, what you hear, and whatever crap you're typing.  All you know is that you better do something before the real short circuit takes place.

I had that interesting experience last Sunday.  I was gleefully working on something with the laptop, no signs of drowsiness or being sleepy, but suddenly it snapped.  I blurred at the precise moment, had no idea what I'm doing or what I want to do -- and all I know is that I better get going, away from any brain-related activity.  I think I'm at the brink of system overload.

Quite honestly, I had quite a stressful week.  Tak ingat dah berapa kali I skipped my sleep. In fact, last Friday, I didn't get any sleep.  Only a short nap in the car while Khy's driving from Shah Alam - Subang for my printing trip.  The other two-remaining group members who was supposed to submit their part only responded at the wee hours of 3am in the morning, at Friday night when we're supposed to submit our report that Saturday.  Boleh bayangkan lah the stress level at that hour especially when it's one of the busy day at the office.  It's so irritating when your work progress was being put on hold because of other people.

Compiling report material is not as easy as it seems.  It is easy for those 'plagiators' or those who don't really care of the output to the overall report -- yet, it's not that easy for me.  Aku admit, aku ni pun kategori malas tahap badak sumbu dalam air, but then, when the report consists of the-so-called-equal mark distribution among team member, I have to ensure that it IS equally distributed.  Memang kadang-kadang rasa I bear the load more trying to put it all together, constructing each and every pieces of it to portray a consistent report, having to sacrifice sleepless night due to other people's lag, but then, it's the thing that you have to take in as part of the big balloon called 'responsibility'.  When it comes to other people, and when the report may affect other people, it becomes a serious-kind-of-responsibility.

Luckily Shai was online.  Was trashing with her while completing the report.  The initial super-sleepy mode was replaced with a very hyper energy state - boosted by an enlightening chatting session and a cup of Coffee Mate.  Managed to survive the night -- and completed the report successfully.  Had another cup of coffee to survive for the following 6 hours class.  Got back home, had only a brief sleep, and off straight to complete the assignments which was supposed to be submitted the following day.

And that's when it snapped.  Total blank-ness moment.

Anyway, snapped or no snapped, I managed to complete all the lab reports and assignments although I know I am among the late-starters in the bunch.  It's called strategic studying.  When you're working, and studying, and had experience with good and bad bosses, you'll learn to survive with the quickest way -- and that's what I did.  No, I did not copy from other people (instead, other people copied my material), and no, I did not ask somebody else to do it for me -- yet, it's just the thing that you learn upon seeing the world in many perspectives.  Bangga jugaklah :-D  Kadang-kadang rasa busuk hati nak sorok assignment taknak bagi orang lain tiru -- hello, I'm on the brink of having a short-circuit in my brain doing it!  But then, macam kata kawan aku, I'm just the type of person who can't say no even if it's bringing harm into my life.  Gila punya attitude, kena ubah!  Yang penting, tak ada nak hold grudge dekat group members for late report submission.  Sorry accepted, and we'll move on as a team, still.

Anyway, had a very fulfilling holiday break today.  I think it's been a while since I last had the whole day to myself.  Yala, Mondays to Fridays working from 7.30 to 4pm, weekends pulak with the classes.  And in between have to slot in time to complete mountains of assignments and lab reports and projects.  Kalau dalam satu minggu tu, pasti akan ada satu atau dua hari terpaksa stay-up to complete all those tasks.

I get to sleep and sleep and sleep, and bathed the cats, and help out in the kitchen, made 4 dishes of berbuka on my own, and sleep again -- and damn, I wanted more of the hols!  It makes me realise how much I missed the good ol' resting time.  Watching TV just now makes me realise how long I've been away from the TV apart from the Desperate Housewives and ANTMs airing time.  It's like feeling the serenity of LIFE...  (as if lah).  It's the simplicity in life that makes it an amazing day.

It's national hols today, but then, I'm only taking it as a holiday, and not as the day to celebrate the 53rd independence day.  I don't feel like it.  I mean, I do appreciate the sacrifices that was made to be independent.  We surely do have our own heroes back then.  It's just that, nowadays, it's more zeros that the heroes.  When every issues is being politicised, petty matters being ignited, name calling among people who is supposed lead the country towards prosperity, narrow minded politicians who uses religion and race sentiments just for a stupid bloody vote, creating unnecessary spark using the name of Islam - it is bloody irritating.  In all, we are one very divided nation.  '1 Malaysia' is an interesting slogan, but often being portrayed as a community only consisted of Melayu, Cina, India.  Bukak balik buku sejarah, and let's see who's the real Malaya of all.  I guess we have to accept -- that they're just good at making slogans.

Masa kecik dulu, pagi-pagi dah bangun sebab nak tengok marching band dekat tv.  First time masa kerja, around 2006, adalah among the year yang aku rasa meriah sangat dengan kemerdekaan due to the fact that the cars of our production people are mostly styled with bendera Malaysia.  Sekarang, hari ni, kira je lah berapa ketul kereta yang nak pasang bendera Malaysia.  Paling tidak pun, adalah satu dua lori letak bendera at the back of the lorry, to be dirtied by the exhaust emissions.  Apart from the bendera yang digantung di rumah flat and apartments by the Banglas, that's just our merdeka today.

On another note, aku tak tau apa Kap-Kap, the Siamese cat did to me netbook resolution.  Everything seems smaller that what its supposed to be.  I never know the cat can be that savvy about the shortcut to change the entire resolutions.  Maybe I can ask him to clean all the viruses on the other laptop than :-D

No comments: