On another note, pertaining to the topic of writing, currently am reviewing (mainly major revamping) the Ergonomic group report which gave me a fever and headache last month -- and still gave me headache and frustrations to this day. The hardest part is the group work actually -- in the sense of sychronising the ideas and making sure everybody's brain are emitting the same frequency and wavelength of understanding. Well, they seem to understand -- but things may look different in the report. The technical writing part is the nightmare for everybody - i think.
Due to the fact that I will soon join the academia world, and based on yours truly personal experience of own rantings and writings being irresponsibly plagiarised, I took extra care on citations. I mean -- come on -- we're doing masters now -- we are supposed to be more sensible and aware of authorships. Copy-pasting internet materials without proper link to original author is damn frustrating. It's the kind of work that not many people put interest on, but when one starts to publish, it would be the most crucial part in your career. Metaphorically speaking, buat mee Cintan, tapi Maggi yang dapat nama.
Not to say that I am perfect, but this is just pure observations I get when reading the report that brings me another step closer to extreme musculoskeletal disorder risks:
1) Poor citations - you read the article, it sounded marvellous, and try search that whole sentence in google -- whalla! Plagiarism is ongoing~
2) Irrelevent point -- putting on test procedures that you did not conduct is just pure copy-pasting activity. No value, no point, no need.
3) Jargons -- technical jargons are acceptable. But I am putting this in the context of that certain individual is trying very hard to sound intelligent, but the point are not concise with the objective and the direction of the project - -which makes them seem -- less intelligent than they intended.
4) Compiler -- when the compiler on compiles, copy, paste, and put the extra articles in Appendix section, it leaves the major revamping part to the leader - me. Dude! Appendix is for supporting tables, figures, data, drawings -- it's not the place where you dump all those excessive report to.
5) Thick manic -- I really have issues with people who think quantity is quality. You put a Yellow Pages book, and some 10 pages newspaper. Which one would be more desirable? You know the answer. But, it is so hard to change the mentality of people who love to give thick report with minimal relevant points and HUGE diagrams and pictures just to make the report even thicker. Even with the 20 pages limitations, they still sneakily exceed the required amount. Benci tau!
In another word, the major revamp of the report is almost the same as doing the report alone. Re-searching for viable informations, re-constructing the report flow, re-citing every info. Re-re-re-everything.
Serius penat.
Bila penat dekat office, pasang lagu ni.
I am so in love with Carla Bruni. Not as an individual. More as the musician. Lagu Raphaél ni was a song dedicated to one of the scandalous lover. Who would've thought she's the First Lady of France. Reading her life trail is like reading a Sidney Sheldon's story gelled with Shrek and Princess Fiona in certain part :-D I see Eva Blackwell in some part, Lara in some other part, and ''Shrek'' in some -- err -- other part.
Tak kiralah apa orang cakap. I love her music.
No comments:
Post a Comment