I had a really good day. I do. I love my team-mates. Of all the arguments and disagreements, the bottom line is we're having a heck of a time completing our project, collaborating, networking, idea sharing, and in the end, we've come out with the most amazing presentation material. The most cohesive. The most relatable. The task delegation is just right and everyone responded well to directions and it is just great. I felt very accomplished.
And so, I'm in a very jovial mood. I can be bubbly, I can be silly, just name it, you're going to have a heck of a time with me when I'm struck with this butterfly-flying-around-my-head mood~
The destructive thing is to have someone to kill that feeling in less than 10 minutes after meeting that someone~ I mean -- come on, give me a break. Stop highlighting uncomfortable issues and just hear my stories, will ya'?
What happen is -- how can I put it -- let's just say if someone asked you to meet their parents, and when you know you are not ready for that kind of occasion -- that someone would have 2 choice - to either respect my decision, or coax me into agreeing. And when you opt for the third choice, which is to bash me and throw the blame on my shoulder, you ain't got nothing mister. Not a single word from me. Congratulations, a night full of silence. What an 'amazing' hang out session.
Meeting up with parent means commitment, showing how ready you are to move on to the next big step, to be all out with your wonder-woman skill. I'm not into that - yet. I'm enjoying my projects and my current state of life, that changing this stable rhythm just freaks me out.
I'm a commitment phobic. Three years ago, I would've agreed. Two years ago, I would agree with appropriate persuasion. One year ago, it would be a direct NO. And now, it's just not the right time.
Maybe I would've agreed if he voiced a simple concern of "are you OK" when I'm coughing endlessly after my post-fever-flu sickness.
Maybe I would've agreed if he asked about my day before navigating the conversation to the uncomfortable zone.
Maybe I would've agreed if he just wait for me to finish my drinks before decided to head back to the car.
A lil' bit of sensitivity is no harm.
It's all about the technique of getting the right action out of me -- and he ain't achieve nothing by following his ass instead of his head.
Enuff say~
3 comments:
haha, if you think men are insensitive now, wait until you marry him..it just somehow magically disappears from their vocab babe...!!! ahaha
sigh..tu sebab kena be all sensitive before marriage because it doesn't last.. so, have to enjoy it while i still can..ahak!
precisely!!
Post a Comment