There's no Summer or Alex or Hamed or Shokoo or Majed or Chan to talk to and to correct my grammar, no foreign lectures and acquaintances with complicated slangs to listen to, and no 30-40-50 pages of report to be submitted. And because of that, seems like my English is slipping from my tongue. Considering I'll be going back to work in the next 4 months, I really need to brush up the English lingua franca so that I won't embarrass myself in front of the students. If talking can be done with just pictures and visuals and colours, then my job would've been so much easier.
Anyway --- what did I do last few days apart from hanging with the beau and staying at home leisurely watching 'How I Met Your Mother' back to back while playing with the sick cat?
Yes, that's the used-to-be-sick cat which my mum labelled as the 700 dollars cat who spent most of his time eating, shitting and sleeping on your bed instead of paying back the 700 buck worth of medical fees.
Went to Pekan Frinjan with Shai. It's been a while since I really hop by to such event. No particular favourites though. The only thing (or person) that really grabbed our attention at that time would be pemain seruling from 'ilustrasi' (if i'm not mistaken) mainly because of the obvious contradictory element between his attire and his instrument -- which makes it even sexier. Woot woot! Although sometimes I really wished that he doesn't play too close to the mic since we're sitting like -- in front of the speaker. But, the music - for me - is great. No vocalist of whatsoever, just pure music for people to enjoy.
I always feel awkward going to these kind of event. It's like going to your first time gig. It feels like everybody else is 'in' the circle but you. It's like everybody is all artsy-fartsy and poetic to the core or instrumental-gig-a-people and you're like a thorn standing out of the crowd. I love street performances, but not to the extent of being able to elaborate it as if I'm an expert with such things. I am definitely not one of those poetic kind of people. I can only come out with my own philosophies of life when I'm in the state of depression. I love poems only when it relate with my current state of life.
So, when people like Ron presumed that I am the gig-type of people, and when I'm talking about Frinjan, he thinks that I'm talking about another of my so-called-gig-exploration, in a way - uncomfortably - it makes me feel like a poser. Like -- dude -- I only went to 1 real gig in my whole life. I'm talking about street performances, where you just sit on the floor without having to pay any entrance fee, while reading the book that you've just purchased from the book-booth. And not just any books. It's the type of books that named their character as Uncle Nyamuk or entitled it with male or female private parts or metaphorical kind of stories that doesn't really make sense in any real situation (like pulling out ones eyeball and put it on their forehead to see the world kind of thing) -- imagine explaining that scene to one person. People think you're a whacko. But, for me, it's an interesting reading material where the plot just evolve in your mind without trying hard to explain it to other people.
That's the type of book that I would've likely to pick up.
Anyway, bought three books from the book stall -- and are only satisfied with 1 and a half part of it - only. The half part comes because of the multiple author for the book. The least favourite would be a book -- written by 3 boys -- I presumed, although I can never really tell from their weird nick -- mainly because it's like a book particularly meant to be read among their friends only, lame jokes that we all already know, and the kind of book that I am only reading half of it before deciding to just let it dust in the book shelf without even finishing it.
The month has been quite tight for me. With the cat medical fees, and experiment items to be purchased with my own money before-hand, the car, the bills -- so, I don't really have much left for the usual jingga-ramba activity with the beau. Yesterday, he came out with a brilliant idea of 'memancing' -- which I think is a great idea. You don't have to pay for it, you just sit by the seashores (or lombong in any case), he can puff his ciggie, while I read my articles without much interferences, and everybody is happy doing their own thing. However -- since he is too lazy to go back to his home to pick the fishing rods because he's coming to my place straight off from his cousin's place, so, we ended up going to book xcess at amcorp -- which it the biggest mistake ever.
Why?
Do you know how freaking cheap their books are? Do you know how beautiful and amazing the space are? It is the only place where I feel super comfortable strolling around without having to worry about anybody else. I've said it before, and I'll say it again -- that place is my solace. Big time! And it's the biggest mistake going there at this time of the month since I will almost definitely purchase books after another because everything seems so affordable, and everything seems bloody interesting -- and nothing beats the smell of fresh books with multicoloured covers! Ok fine, I have to admit, bookstores are my 'achilles heel' when my financial condition is not that stable. Ended up buying another stack of books -- which includes one entitled 'how to get rich'. Hey, the author makes it damn irresistible not to purchase it.
Anyway, while we were in the bookstore, I spotted a tall dude, with wavy-curly long hair, almost reaching his shoulder, checkered top, khaki pants, and sling bag, alone, with an amazing piece of nose, mancung and nothing close to mine lah. I showed that dude to B.
He asked "What's wrong with him?"
I said "Nothing's wrong. It's just that he's a dude, with wavy long hair, checkered top and a sling bag, who looks like he knows how to play an instrument and looks like he can have his own band -- he's a tall good looking dude in a bookstore."
He asked again, getting more confused, I think, "So...???"
I said, "So, he's a tall good looking dude in a bookstore. That's rare lah, babe!"
It's quite simple actually. Malay good-looking dude in a bookstore is rare. They are unique. You don't see that very often these days. Tu je. Haha! And yes, I found man who read books -- not newspaper -- are an interesting being. They may not be very intelligent, but with a book in hand, they would've been brilliant! :-))




No comments:
Post a Comment