Saturday, March 19, 2011

Irk 01

You know what irked me most?

Reading local news.  I mean -- I do love to read interesting updates -- but then, when the news is just another device plan to so-called-improve our future but in turn creating a very painful effect to us that you just wonder how the hell did this country survive.  Egoistical ministers making plans for our future, the wife of ministers spending our tax money with their shopping spree (or proclaimed conferences), fighting in the name of a community when I'm part of that particular community who disagrees.

It is even more troublesome reading the response and comments published by viewers -- where everything is perceived negatively that it made me stop reading news altogether.  Heck, I even stalled reading malaysiakini although I am a paid subscriber for their news.  It gets annoying when everything is being politicised.

Like this.

Why?  Oh why is this happening?  The ugly bickering between various group over the exclusivity of The Almighty term.  And now, it's the language issue pulak?  Every crude remarks is being thrown to the other party made under the name of religion -- Sad... really sad.

Just because we have different ideologies and different beliefs -- do we have the right to perceive other people as 'the bad' one?  How 'good' are we then?  Who are we to measure one's iman?  And when this issue is being linked to 1Malaysia or BN or UMNO or PAS or PKR or whatsoever --- it became too haywired that it doesn't make sense anymore.

Too many problems are being highlighted without any real solution being devised.  But then -- who am I to give this kind of response eyh...

See, that's why entertainment news seems so much soothing than this crap.

Does that make me a bad person?

O you who believe!  Let not a group scoff at another group, it may be that the latter are better than the former.  Nor let (some) women scoff at other women, it may be that the latter are better than the former.  Nor defame one another, nor insult one another by nicknames.  How bad is it to insult one's brother after having Faith.  And whosoever does not repent, then such are indeed Zalimun. (Al-Hujuurat, 11) 

No comments: