Monday, April 11, 2011

Random thoughts

I got addicted watching 'Signé Chanel' from YouTube.  Looking at the massive mess in Karl Lagerfield house with mounting books all around him confides me that my messy room is just a small portion towards success (haha!)  I was browsing through his profile and keep on calculating the exact year when he truly excel as a designer.  He started out at his early 20ish, massive criticism from fashion press around 25ish-30ish, and really excel 30ish++....  I guess, I can still be saved.  (haha!)

Looking at how his fashion empire function, with him sketching and giving the final say of yes or no, and let other people do the strenuous jobs just makes me adore him even more!  I mean, dude, even if I'm in a different path, but then, that's all I wanted -- is just design, and see if it works, and present to the world -- and scrap all those those literature reviews and reports and the in-betweens.

*  *  *

I just realised that mom's a really light sleeper.  She can hear the discreet tone of incoming SMS at the wee hour of 3am from her daughter asking her favour to help her wake up in the morning.  Yeah, I love SMSing my mum even when she's just next door.

*  *  *

I browsed through available part time courses for architecture.  And product design.  And toy design.  And multimedia.  And graphic animation.  And publishing.  And sewing...

I am really haywired with this vast scope of interest.  I should consider Shai's advice try to focus to one thing at a time.

And I'm still far away from completing my research report.  And I have 5 days for the draft.

*  *  *

I can never get enough looking at my polyvore account.

*  *  *

My pet peeve is when people associate my job position or education background and expect me to know everything.

Macam -- "Hey, you studied engineering, You should know how to build a bridge."
Or -- "Hey, you worked in an automotive factory. You should know how to repair my car?"

Engineering is a vast field.  I only know the small portion of it.
I wish I know how to build a bridge.
And I have no intention what-so-ever to understand the in-and-out about cars.
I tweak with standard regulation and audits in the automotive factory, not repairing cars.
I can play with mathematical equation, but I'm 'engineering-blind'.

Sometimes I wished I didn't study engineering.  It makes me feel like the stupid-est person on earth.
Sometimes I wished I'm just a mere technician or operator -- who are more involved with practical works, and are spared from the tedious unnecessary stuff.   Boring paperworks and management tasks are for engineers.  Machines and equipments are handled by the technicians, not the engineers.  The engineers are assigned to read the manuals instead.  I'm none of that.

I may only like the design part of engineering, the curves, the contour, the mix and matching part, the analysis with multiple colours.  But then, I would prefer sewing and eating and doodling nonsensical sketches and experimenting with Photoshop than understanding engineering-know-how.

So -- no, I'm not an engineer.  I'm just a person with too many 'unachieved' interests with a haywired mind.

*  *  *

Malaysia news are so annoying.  Just stop casting news about the 'Omega' watch.  And stop putting headlines like "emosi apabila ditanya status jam omega".  Dude!  Every normal human being would've been emotional when oneself or someone close to you is being accused to adultery without proven guilty.  Just shut-up and let the proper people investigate.  Syesh.

*  *  *

Richard Castle is my new series crush.  And I love Beckett.  Classy!

*  *  *

I hate my research project. 

And I drank two cup of coffee today -- which is against my meal regime.  Still a long way to go.

2 comments:

Shai Kamarudin said...

speaking of Richard Castle... I am so depressed by the fact that none of the male writers in Malaysia looks or speaks like Castle. Some of the cool ones, like Azizi Abdullah, are married.

No worries. In your 40s you'll be amazing. These are the hard years.

Ms. M said...

walaupun aku tak pernah jumpa personally any male writers in Msia, but then, the idea of character macam rishard castle dh cukup buat aku ~drooollll~~ dude, what's more sexy than a guy who read and write? haha..

well -- these are the hard years where all the good guys are taken..hoho..