My cat is evil.
Which one, you ask? That Muhammad Olin lah.
He is my bed-partner most of the nights since I like the fact that he would wake me up at 6am for the morning prayer. If he's not at home during night-time, he'll most likely be partying with other stray cats or sleeping under the car or in the drain or whatever things crazy cats do. And in the morning, he'll be meowing in front of my room, asking permission to enter and sleep on my bed till noon. Ala-ala qada' tido gitu. That's just him.
And so, nowadays, my sleeping-biological-clock is all messed up because of the unsystematic sleeping hour I implemented -- mainly due to final report preparations and such. So, I decided that this habit wouldn't bring any good especially since I'll be going back to office in two months time (whaaaattt??) and so I decided to tune back my sleeping hour sharp by midnight, or the most at 1am so that I have ample 5hr sleep to start my day.
And I started that "healing" regime yesterday. Let me tell you, sleeping at 1am is wayyyyy too early based on my previous record, but then, I am healing myself, remember?
So, yes, I do have ample sleep today, without Muhammad Olin since he's out somewhere and I don't really bother to look for him. I woke up, feeling fresh, performed the morning prayer, and well, as expected, he meows in front of my room after that. Straight away, he jumps on my bed and curl on top of my blanket, and sleep.
Oh no, no way I am going to be tempted by this lousy cat. So, I took a bath. All freshed up, smells good, and Muhammad Olin looks so pretty all stretched out on my bed. Ok fine, I'll just give him a simple cat hug.
Damn -- his body radiates soothing heat with that fur -- ummph -- it makes sleep so cosy.
And all I know, I woke up at 11am -- head throbbing due to oversleeping -- with 3 consequent morning dreams -- and now I can't do any work since my head is still throbbing and my focus is just down the drain.
So, yes, my cat is evil.
And next time, I'll make sure he sleeps with me AT night, like any normal people would do.
No comments:
Post a Comment