Sunday, July 24, 2011

You need a sweater, dude?

I've been too immersed with work this entire week that I spent very minimal time for eat and TV.  Yeah, sometimes I still YM, just to boost my mood.  Dude, I never skip any episodes of Desperate Housewives until this week.  Anyway, a huge chunk of the job is now settled.  Alhamdulillah~

I know I still whine here and there about work -- but then, I love it.  I love the variability.  I love the fact that I don't have to be stucked on doing the same bloody thing all year round.  I love the options and flexibility of working time, and I definitely love my workspace -- although I secretly wished the previous colleague can clean up her stuff and let me use the allocated wardrobe.  And so, when I'm immersed with things that I am compassionate about, I tend to put aside other insignificant stuff (and people) and just deal with work instead.  After all, it's my bread and butter.

Until...

"Awak dah dingin sekarang."

Ok.

Dingin - as in sejuk?  Cold?  Shivering cold?
Dingin - as in ice-queen?
Dingin - as in being heartless?  Or emotionless?  (What difference does it make anyway?)

Do you need a sweater for my 'dingin'?  'Blankie'?  Shawl?  Heater?

The thing is --- there's nothing to talk about - quite frankly.  Allocating time to be all mooshy-mooshy is just pointless. Unless you have something to say that gives me some kind of miracle to finish up all my work -- then tell me about it, I'm interested.  Right now, I'm so over that stage where you decided to dwell about our relationship every bloody night.  The only relationship I want to preserve right now is for God and my parents.  I decided to put this 'humanly-emotions' thingy on halt until I feel like 'unleashing' it again.  I have to spare my attention for so many other things and so many other people, that your option just doesn't seem that significant.

The best thing that ever happen to me this whole year -- is actually the opportunity to be away from you.  It's like an answered prayer.  I feel free, I feel relaxed, I feel like I am spared from all those pointless heart-ache caused by petty arguments, I feel like I'm getting 'me' back again.   Don't blame me if I decided to ignore your requests because right now, I just want a 'me' time.  I don't want you calling me or texting me because you wanted something from me.  Why can't it be simpler than that?

So, right now, I can't do anything about my 'dingin'.  The only thing I can offer you right now is a blanket to keep you warm -- until I get my senses, or until you get yours.

No comments: