Monday, August 29, 2011

Caffeinated Nightmare

A day without any caffeine in my system is a day of multiple dreams involving fat snakes and all other scary things which I can't really recall.  I can hardly keep my eyes open and it is my mistake thinking that I can make do without any dose of coffee while staying at home.  So, yes, I am now officially addicted to caffeine, just like my mom, just like my sis, and just like my dad with his milo.

But the good thing that came out of it is that I managed to keep my eyes wide open at 3 am and groggy-free while performing tahajjud.

I became addicted to caffeine ever since I started with the research project for my masters.  And it seems like I can't turn back to my daily dose of caffeine-free lifestyle ever since  (my body is getting old to turn back and forth to different eating regime).  The thing about caffeine is that it always makes you want to pee -- and the liquid even smelled of caffeine.  The visit to the loo became even more frequent, and then the loo will even smell of coffee, and one of the reason that I began to arrive early at work (7.40am at office is early for my record) because I will always feel the urgent need to discharge the pee while driving.

Ok -- stop the pee talk already, silly.  It's disgusting.  That's not what I intended to post about.  I think the oversleeping syndrome just made my head go haywired.

Anyway, dreaming of snakes is often associated to oneself and the 'jodoh' thingy.  Why is the good thing is co-related to some scary and deadly creature?  Imagine yourself being chased by two big fat snakes that looks like they just had a full-kambing meal!  Imagine yourself of the possibility of being tangled and suffocated to death by those slimey humongous creature!  In a way, I think people associate it to jodoh because the idea of it offers some kind of solace/relief to the earlier heart-pumping scene.  In my case, I just think that it is God's funny way of telling me to "get up, you lazy ass -- go and perform your Subuh prayer!"  

Have you ever had nightmare during Subuh sleepover?  Or nightmare after Subuh prayer?  -- to think about it, we can't even call it a nightmare, instead it should be called "morningmare" instead.  I always have my dose of morningmare during that time.  I've read of people who have had the same kind of scary dreams if they slept through the morning.  Why is that?  Again, I think it is God's funny way of telling human beings to stop being lazy and work throughout the blessed morning.  Oh, God, you are so entertaining.  I will try to avoid any morning sleepover next time.  Yiosh!

Anyway, already had my cup of caffeine this morning, with a glass of plain water, and home made mango pudding, and ketupat, pulut dan rendang for sahur -- and that is our family's way of early Eid celebration since we will be eating out at our relatives houses during Raya itself.  Quite frankly, I feel so happy with this cycle of Ramadhan, and am sad to see it leave so soon, and am really hoping that I am strong enough to face the upcoming life challenges -- with and without Ramadhan.

May God bless you.

Regards, M

No comments: