Upon first encounter of this word, I thought it meant something like meditation. Instead, it may be the vice versa of it. NOW, I have a name for this unexplainable situation I always encounter -- and it is called 'procrastination'.
Procrastination is a behaviour where people tend to do something else when they have more important things to accomplish. It may be delaying projects, which often resulted to last minute struggle of working. My kind of procrastination is delaying the progress of my research project when I did my Master (especially at the writing part) -- and often it made me feel stranded and haunted with the lingering regret for not being able to focus with the more serious stuff.
If you remember some of the postings, I did wrote something about sewing or going to the cinemas when submission dateline is just around the corner. Normally it was inflicted during the laboratory equipment breakdown, inability to liaise with the contact person, the bugged feeling of purchasing the raw materials with my own savings, and also commonly happen during the writing part, which is the most tedious part of the whole process. So, yes, I am a procrastinator, and I accept myself the way I am. Have a read at this book and get an insight of what triggers this behaviour and how to deal with it. Honestly, I still procrastinate while reading this book -- dude, it takes months for me to even finish-up a quarter of it.
Now that I am back to this desolate area, the rented house is not equipped with any sewing machine, and so, I am saved from procrastinating upon any cases whereby I need to bring the workload back home. Moreover with Ramadhan and such, most time are spent cooking for iftar, going to the nearby Surau for terawih, and some Ramadhan dramas aired.
Until.... I found this:
Yeah dude, introducing this new baby and my new subject of procrastination. Not that I am into photography that much -- but it caters most of my favourite effect normally done with Photoshop. Light, portable, easily accessible and cute! Ok, fine. It exceeded my initial budget by 200 bucks, but then, it is worth it. I can even control the settings just like the DSLR, and it captures HD movie as well. What more can you ask in this baby blue light and compact camera? Tak payah susah payah setting manual focus under low light events, lepas tu rasa depressed sebab semua gambar jadi blur. Dan DSLR pinjaman bakal di-cold storage kan buat masa ini.
Am truly excited and jiggy~ Let's procrastinate!
Some paper-made decorations in conjunction with Malaysia's Independence Day. Nice!


2 comments:
hahahaha, dedulu bile aku dgr "procrastination", aku terbayangkan filem Christina Ricci tu. Lama baru sedar yg filem tu tajuk dia "Prozac Nation".
dulu, aku dgr procrastination, aku terbayang sami cheng bertapa dalam gua. sekarang, dgrp procrastination, aku terbayang mesin jahit je..haha!
Post a Comment