Alhamdulillah...
All done. I'm just too happy that it ended, that I don't even bother to write any entry pertaining to the end of semester examinations. What I did was -- err -- sleep. Ok, that sounds pathetic. I'm trying to recap the post-examinations happenings.
Well, normally, I would've go out with my friends, enjoying some good movie, and just eating out, but, well, since this masters program consists of people with families and hometown far away from the university, so, there's little chance for any hang out session like the degree years. (Sigh, I really missed my friends).
I inquire Dora about hanging out, she seems OK with it as long as she get to be back home by 6.30pm for her favourite Korean drama series. But as I got home, my sister need to send her maid to the hospital because she's been puking and diarrhea-ing and endless high fever, so, I have to stay to accompany her daughter. Gosh, taking care of 2 years old moody baby is hard - and so I ended up doing what most aunt would've done - bribing the kid with foods and all those sweet stuff. Damn, she's lucky to be left out with me. I treated her with some chicken-ala-currypuff (I forgot the name) and some banana split - at Secret Recipe. How's that for rubbing my face with your annoying screaming and cries..hah!!
Other than that, cleaning the room - no more scattered papers or bedside books - I even bought a new bedsheet out of this post-examination mode.
In the first place, I thought registering for this course would be much easier considering that I already have some experience working, and so learning all those theories would've been much simple. I am wrong. I forgot -- working doesn't require you to deal with theories. It's more towards practical approach rather that outlying all those complicated theories. Unless you're in the academic field (ok, regret muncul lagi!).
I missed working. Not working as in my current working state. But working as in being at the production, dealing with the engineers and executives, and machinist, and being bugged by the Quality Control people -- I missed that. I missed that kind of working environment spontaneity. You don't have to really try too hard to find some new friend, because as long as you're working under the same roof, then you are a team. You'll get a new friend from cross functional department throughout your tasks. Which is great. Great in the sense that it's not that hard mixing around with other people.
But - ahh, well, academic world is so much different. People from your own group are talking behind your back, makcik-makcik admin yang kaki bergosip, and those who make awkward silence upon finding out that you passed the IELTS test with Band 7, an organisation that announces LIF ROSAK in the intranet system, your head of department evaluated you for not answering his calls to come on Saturday and Sunday basis (I can never really get over that issue when I don't receive any notifications as he claimed), and you can't really mingle with other people when you don't have any Masters or PhD or published papers to brag, and it's worse when you don't have any husband to talk about, than, you are the outcast, regardless of the experience you may have., or the joy of being single. It's like, you don't deserve the respect like other people should because you are not one of those ulat buku, and you're not married.
And ---- I kinda loath the idea of wearing baju kurung every weekdays. Because I feel short in those outfit. I mean, baju kurung makes me feel special and beautiful, and wearing it every day just rubs off the 'special' and 'beautiful' part, and more towards the 'short' part.
Ahh...apa aja yang aku ramble ni. I really need to hang out with my good buddies one of these days.
Projekt jalan-jalan tepi pantai was cancelled. Kena simpan duit bayar road tax kereta dengan insurance (T_T).
Oh, melankoliknya mood habis exam....
No comments:
Post a Comment