Photo credit : Open Heart Kitchen
17-05-70
I have to remember that number because they made it their password for most of the things that requires password. Like, the internet connection, and the phone unlocking number. Maybe not the for the ATM card.
It's like 40 years already??
40-freaking-years?
That's how long my emak and abah got married.
WOW!
For a 40-years-of-marriage,
* You know, when you lived with someone for 40-freaking-years, you kinda know when to speak up, and when not to speak up.
* My dad became a clutter-bug after he got married - and I don't really believe it when emak told that Abah is actually a neat and tidy freak BACK THEN.
* I found it totally cute and charming when I found emak's younger version poses in a fitting dress in Abah's thick 300 pages biology book.
* Simple things amuses them, and it amuses me.
* Abah is the 'bebel'er, and Emak is the 'listener'.
* Abah is the kelam-kabut, and Emak would be the cool one.
* Abah is the clutter bug, and emak is the Mrs Tidy.
* Emak will complaint about Abah's bebel-ing habit, but will miss him only after 1 night without Abah next to her.
* Emak can never sleep alone in her bed - and I will be the one called to substitute for the extra bed space.
* Abah would seem lost when Emak is not around.
* They are still on a dating phase - up to this moment.
* After 40 years, they never really got out of topic to talk about.
* And they are the one that I call when I was bugged with creaking noises on the rooftop, and then I will feel safe again.
They complete each other.
And they are my solace.
They can never be too old for me. Mak and Abah stayed as they are as long as I can remember.
Lupakan waktu aku kutuk ibu bapa ku. Itu zaman aku bodoh bangang takdak akal muda-muda dulu.
To witness their 40th amazing years of togetherness, is simply - amazing.
How I wished I found someone that can bear with me for my whole lifetime. Someone that makes me spontaneous. That still dates me even if I'm a wrinkly fat bald old lady. That can never found me a bore. That still laugh of the same jokes. And still as charming even when you have nothing left to offer.
How I adore them.
For being our shelter, and the greatest parent - congratulations. For your love showered us with this happiness. ♥

No comments:
Post a Comment