Contohnya :
Scene : Di tempat kerja lama
A colleague was saying something like "Muka lelaki melayu ni tak comel la. Bukan taste I muka macam lelaki melayu ni." -- ahh, graduated from German makes you more prone towards their looks lahh..?
Me, in the mode of defending lelaki melayu (although there's nothing much to defend about), "Ye ke? Tak lah, OK aja I tengok diorang tu. Contohnya macam Zam tu (while pointing to the guy). Muka dia is typical Malay look, ada goatee, body pon medium je. For me, he's cute. Sejuk je mata tengok budak tu" Yeah, it's just a simple freaking crush which translate 'ahh, nice to see, and that would be it'.
However, later on the following days, and weeks, this colleague begin filling my days with how Zam talked to her that day, or how he joked with her that day, or Zam this and Zam that, after all that 'lelaki melayu tak comel' talk.
I mean - oh, owkay.. What is your point exactly? Because I told you that I have some interest with that guy, you have to fill me with the details that you THINK that guy is interested with you instead?
Irritated - yeah, definitely.
I thought, that would be it.
And then it happens again - with another person.
Scene : SMS-ing with a friend from P1
Last Friday, a very good male friend was saying things I would never imagined him talking about with me. It's like a confession or some kind, and the subject (for me) exceeds the 'friends only' boundary, and being at that particular spot, I don't really know how to respond to this very awkward situation.
And so I told a friend from P1 about this awkwardness - and for me, it is just the thing that a normal girl would do. She's a good friend on the basis of your-secret-is-with-me and my-secret-is-with-you kind of thing. I did not really spill the details chronologically because all I wanted is for someone to tell me if by any way I treated other people, especially the boys differently than any other normal being that they may misunderstood with my friendship gesture. I don't want the same thing happening to me, to happen to other people. I am not the type that likes to mislead other people into believing something that is not real (pfft, tell me about it)
Instead of having the answer to my doubts, I got something else.
"Patutlah aku tengok dia ni macam suka berdiri rapat-rapat dengan aku. Ingatkan perasaan aku aja, tapi aku tengok tak ada pula dia berdiri dekat orang lelaki rapat-rapat macam tu."
And on and on and on again about the berdiri rapat-rapat thing up to this day.
Owkkaaayy...
Hmm..
Actually I've seen him berdiri rapat-rapat with all people be it a girl or boy or pakcik or makcik, and so I don't really have any issues with that.
But, again -- I can't find the correlation between 'berdiri rapat-rapat' and this 'weird talking' topic.
Is it just me, or is it just the thing that I have to endure if I were to spill the crush/hitting line thing with another female? It is as if, oh, you have a crush on him, so, I have to have the same crush with the same person, or -- oh, he's hitting you, I have to show you that I think he's hitting me as well.
Seperti mahu merebut lelaki yang aku tak rasa perlu direbut pun.
It makes me feel like doing the rolling eyes thing while saying SO WHAT everytime they are filling me with details of the recent subject. Or are you subliminally saying that aku ini adalah umat manusia yang syok sendiri that you have to say all that details just so that I will realise that I'm not that pretty or that special to receive that hitting line..?
Whatever, ok, whatever. Give me something more intellectual instead of filling me the guy talk thing. Tell me about business, tell me about human behaviour psychology, tell me about your dreams, tell me about Oprah, tell me about the books you read, tell me your idea on how I can spend my semester break to the fullest. Don't keep badgering my head with 'dia berdiri rapat dengan aku lagi' kind of thing.
Simple -- lempang aja dia kalau tak suka. :-)
2 comments:
Oh aku tauuuuuu perasaan itu. Like that time I was just joking about abang cameraman RTM, and the girl went "Oh, dia asik pandang saya semacam je", like kononnya mamat tu pandang die jugak and maybe that I was just perasan.
and my old fren kat sekolah. I jokingly said that I have a crush on this one senior, and she came to me and said, "Shai, sori tau kita nak bagitau awak ni, tapi abang **** tu minat kita."
What the hell jela...
itu lah pasal..this mixture of feeling, samada nak marah, atau nak emo, atau buat bodoh je..
at that point, tak tau nak bagi reaction macam mana..
nak marah, nanti dia kata 'ouh, u're jealous'.
nak diamkan, kenalah hari2 melayan cerita yang sama. God!
Post a Comment