As per the subject above - no I didn't bluff. I forgot that the zipper for my one and only favourite slack are already damaged, and I'm too lazy to iron another pants - so, I went to the interview with my zipper zipped open.
Luckily, at 26, my preferred outfit are more directed toward having those that at least covers 3/4 of my butt, and so, the zipped open zipper problem is solved just by covering it with the lovely 'Bhaju' top (and also using one of those kerongsang to pin it together). Ahh, bless the designer.
Anyway, I actually applied for the position as a research assistant to fill up my void spaces in life as a Master student. Initially I wanted to apply for a position as a waitress or kitchen crew at some cafe at seksyen 7 - don't you think it sounded like so much fun? But then, this advert on RA position for only 5 months really dragged my attention. So, I just give it a shot, and was called for an interview at a very short notice.
** Short notice = I sent the email yesterday, attached my simplified resume, and was called for interview today, and got the answer this evening.
I was interviewed by a very friendly chinese Dr, straight to the point, and very simple yet interesting job scope, and was told that another two applicant will be interviewed at the same day and the result will be notified as soon as possible.
And this evening, I got the call - and YES, I got the job! I'll be starting my part-time research assisting work on the 1st of June at Medical Faculty --
What the hell am I thinking. Medical Faculty?
Engineering student doing research assisting job at a Medical Faculty? For those who still haven't got my point, here's a comparison. Engineering and medical is like eating chocolate with salt. It's like Michael Scofield married to Fasha Sandha. It is two distinct field with no similarity whatsoever.
But integrating these 2 very different field would create amazing potential of research work that can serve the community and at the same time able to enhance the technological development. And yeah, I have my own reasons the justify for my actions.
It's because the assisting job is only for 5 months, which is perfect.
It's because the training that will be provided is very beneficial for my future career.
It's because I will have a point to brag with other fellow lecturer of my research scope (haha!)
And definitely, it's because of the pay. Lumayan! Lumayan!
So long for fun interesting job as a kitchen crew. Maybe next time...
I think, I am one unpredictable person. I do things that I think I love doing. When I got too fucked up with my 2nd job, I almost pursued the idea of studying architecture. I even thought of doing Graphic Design, and to the extent of thinking doing some culinary studies. When I asked the opinion of one architect dude, he went sarcastic with me by asking "Apa kau nak jadi sebenarnya ni? Macam tak ada direction hidup je.."
To think about it, I did not direct my life with things that is only constricted to one field. Instead, I direct my life with things that I think I would be happy with. Things that I feel like a good enough challenge to boost my motivation. Perumpamaan dia macam ni lah, hari-hari makan nasi, pasti bosan kan? One time or another you would be looking for some exotic food to fulfill your desires.
I think I'm one of those person who gets bored easily (maybe an exception to boyfriend - haha!) Admittedly, yeah, sometimes I got bored with my so-called-partner, but then -- he have that kind of charm to make me forget how boring he actually is.
Anyway, while updating my resume of the so-called-4-years of experience, I realised that resume writing is like selling yourself - in a documented form. You put all those good values you think you deserve in those 3-4 pages of CV. And heck, I never realised that I achieved that much. Like - if you're to put all your experiences and the strong points you believe would impress your future employee, you'll be amazed for yourself. It makes you wonder - did I really do all that...??
I never really felt I achieved much. There's still a lot to learn, and much more to experience. All we need is time - and maybe opportunity.
One day, your hear me, one day I'll do the kitchen crew job :-D
And -- I think I need to shop for new outfit for this job - and a new pants - with good zipper - definitely.
2 comments:
No, no, no... never said that engineering is like eating chocolate and salt. You forgot another department that sat in front of engineering fac. Biomedical Engineering! engineering and medical is like eating chocolate with nuts & raisins. Still a chocolate but with a different flavour.. haha (ok, takde idea macam mana nak combine chocolate dengan ape).
Haha...yeah, i was definitely thinking of biomed eng. while writing this entry.. which is why i think your dept is filled with people yg deserve standing ovation. You took the physics part of engineering, AND also the biological part as well - something that I don't think i could cope with.. huhu..
Post a Comment