Friday, June 11, 2010

AH TING DAN SIDNEY SHELDON

Ah Ting is one of the closest person I'm beginning to bond with at this office.  She's a very friendly and exuberant Chinese girl, and she seems like she has a lot of topic going on inside her head.  I became one bubbly person everytime I had lunch with her.

Today, while eating at a Banana Leaf Restaurant with her (it's only later that I realised that it's actually Sai Baba's clan restaurant, dan aku immediately 'memberak' after the meal) we found out that we have the same interest with Sidney Sheldon's work.

We were actually talking about abortion and I wanted to tell her about the gruesome abortion done by Noelle Page, a strong-woman character in one of Sheldon's book.

And it turns out that she's an avid fan of Sheldon herself.

And we were talking like --

"I like Master of The Game the most.."
"Have you read the continuation done by another author, Mistress of the Game..."
"Can I borrow that one..."
"Have you read about the multiple personality disorder..."
"Ouuuh, that's the best...It's a very unexpected plot...."
"I also like the one about the thief.."
"It's brilliant..."
"Bla bla bla..."


and

"Oh, now I know that we have one thing in common.."

I may not seem like an avid book reader when it comes to other book, like chic lits and twilight-saga-whatsoever, and I may not be an entertaining conversationalist when it comes to other author --  because I don't really read that book 2-3 times like I read Sheldon (and still counting).

The thing with Sheldon's story is that, the plot very is interesting that I still remember it to these day after such a long time.

Sigh -- it's so fulfilling to  talk about the things we like with other people who have the same interest.  See, opposite doesn't really attract.  It's the similarities that attracts.


No comments: