Why not 8 to 5? 9 to 6?
You may think that an organisation is at its most effective state if you make the human labor work for 9 hours. But, ah ... well -- that's just in theory. I don't think people will fully commit to the required 9 hours even if they are totally in love with their job. Once or twice or usually more than that, they'll access facebook (like me), and browse through interesting internet news (like me) or even celebrity gossips (like me!) especially after lunch time. I get too annoyingly sleepy after the lunch hour, that even reading sensational irritating article about Fasha Sandha can't cure the sleepiness.
In other words, people did not fully comply to the required amount of working hour because we're just human and we have other interest apart from work -- unless your work is your pure life interest, than, that would be a different story. If that's the case, than that would make your work being perceived as your passion, and your passion would be your life -- and you would be at the top of the human-needs pyramid.
Why start at 10am?
Because kids usually gets up at 7am. You would love to have some proper breakfast with your kids or nephews or nieces because kids in the morning is one entertaining creature. What is more special than having to have a nice morning breakfast with your family? Morning is such a beautiful hour that the best moment is to be shared with the best people in your life.
And of course, we would prefer to start at 10am because that's the time when the bosses would be around.
Or the time when the respective officer that you're trying to contact will arrive at the office.
And definitely it gives some ample time to compensate for the morning traffic.
Why end at 4pm?
Because 4pm is the perfect time to go home. To get yourself ready for your evening jog, or some gardening activity, or even having a nice tea-break post office hour.
And definitely because office people would be a bit hesitant entertaining you after 4pm.
And as per the reason above, that's the time when bosses would normally disappear.
Life would be a bless if we just have to work from 10am-4pm only. I don't have to make sure I'm already asleep by 11.30pm every night. And I would have better time with those unread books. I missed book reading -- the one that you don't have put the book down because it is THE exact allocated moment for book reading.
Nowadays, I read 2 sub-chapter and I fell asleep.
SIgh~
And I'm already sleepy now...
No comments:
Post a Comment