Wednesday, January 26, 2011

besties

Last two days, entah apa tebiat, termimpi pasal Makcik and Cik Lin.  These two are the nicks for 2 of my besties when I was doing my degree in UM like 9 years ago (gosh! look at that number).  In that dream, all three of us are going for a vaccay -- and we're like on the verge of ending the vacation and going back to our own lives.  Then bila terbangun, I realised that I kinda missed them.  The good ol' times, where you're so sure of everything and the escapade in between classes and our lunches together at Pak Lah.  Life is just so simple back then that the only concern you have would be to save enough scholarship allowances, score enough grade to graduate, and get a descent job.

The last time I met them was like last November kot, during the wedding of our classmates and few weeks earlier before that helping out Makcik for her kindergarten opening.  We're not really the type of cliques that would hang-out every weekend since sorang dekat Negeri Sembilan, sorang dekat Ampang and sorang lagi shifting between Melaka-Subang Jaya.  Even masa belajar dulu pun, Makcik is one of my housemate, but she would normally be in N9 if we have no classes that day, whereas Cik Lin pulak stays at her home instead of renting nearby colleges and apartments, and I would spent most of the time staying at the rented house.  But yet, we still spent every available free slots together -- the in-between of classes or labs, discussion during the study week, and the most fun would be the post-examination hangouts.  Normally, mid valley would be our normal spot -- that's the nearest pun, and it's either cik lin and me would be driving there.

Rasanya tak pernah kot bergaduh -- maybe some small arguments, tapi few hours lepas tu baik balik, makan sama-sama as if nothing really happened.  Interestingly, we really 'clicked' masa 3rd year.  Quite a late bonding since quite frankly, we are quite different with one another that you don't really think you would've suit one another.  We keep on shifting study groups until fate brought us together (haha, cheesy gila bunyi).  Aku pun tak pasti what makes us clicked, maybe because we have the same subject of annoyance, maybe because of the frankness, maybe because of our interest to fictions, maybe because they were there masa aku weeping pasal that bloody industrial project and that bloody group leader -- tapi yang aku tau, both of them kind of inspired me in elevating my current state of life.

Aku rindu la nak jumpa that kind of people.  The kind of people yang aku boleh talk about my dreams, yang tak gossip tak tentu hala, share current state of life instead of gossiping, yang very frank, yang --- simple.

I rarely posted anything about them because I don't really have any real issues with them.  It's just that -- I missed them.  They've been a very great friend.  And our careers and current state of life kind of limit all those hangout session.  But they've been very successful indeed.  Sorang dah quit her job and start her own business, sorang lagi got the dream job and now is training in US most of the time -- and tang sorang ni, still very doubtful about her decision although there's an opportunity for nationwide and worldwide conferences -- itu pun kalau dapat research job yang bombastic.  Dulu, pernah borak about our self-employed dreams, macam Makcik already achieved hers when she started the kindy project, Cik Lin mentioned something about perniagaan udang :) and I think I did mention of a cookie parlour and all those sweet edibles in a bookshop.  Not sure if we have enough guts to drop the job and pursue being the boss to one-self.  As of now, am really grateful for our current state of life.





Maybe one day.  Who knows.

No comments: