Sebenarnya tak ada lah marathon sangat pun if you are only watching 2 movies in two days. Tapi, considering my state of movie-watching trend especially during this peak season of project preparation, I'd say that's a marathon. Little persuasion is needed to get me out of my workstation.
Anyway, the first movie would be The Tourist -- played by Johnny Depp and Jolie as the main cast. I've read quite a number of reviews giving negative feedback on the movie. But as for me, who are watching it without putting too much expectation or what-so-ever logic sense in any spy movie, I simply adore it. Although it gets a bit dull in the middle, but Depp just captivates me. The kind of thing that kept me talking about it after it ends simply means that I like it. I like the twist at the end -- it's like -- you kind of expected the plot towards the end, but you're just not sure whether your mediocre judgement as a viewer would be the same as the director or not. That kind of twist really reminded me much to Sheldon's work. Itu aje.
The following day, we watched Season of the Witch pulak, Nicolas Cage as the main cast. The first five minutes of the movies opening, aku dah jadi macam gadis bawah 18 tahun that goes 'eekk, arrkkg, ewww, ouch, daymm' sambil sorok separuh muka dekat partner. Agak gruesome for somebody yang are not really into violent scenes. In the beginning, it was like interesting -- in the sense that you are eager to know what would happen next. Towards the end, where all the real action begins -- aku dah mula rasa macam tengah tengok cerita kartun or some anime. Grounded by the fact that I have my own religious belief, my perception on that movie is highly influenced by that. Towards the end, I question petty things macam 'kalau setan tu boleh terbang, kenapa dia tak terus terbang pergi holy land tu awal-awal. I mean, the disease was spread to all the priests and monks, so, what's the problem of getting there?' Tapi, apa-apa pun, the action scene memang marvellous. Come on -- Nicolas Cage in fighting take -- he's a pro. dude.
The best part of the whole movie marathon -- of course lah pasal ada orang belanja! Wahahahaha!
Ok, back to workstation.
No comments:
Post a Comment