Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Sleeping on the floor is not a big deal


I am like living in an Ashram, but with nicer clothes, and less meditation -- and of course with different religious belief.  The Ashram part comes in the form of my sleeping area.

I've been sleeping on the floor for the past 2 days -- since I decided that sleeping on the bed with the strong cat's pee stench will not help at any part of my so-called-healing-or-search-of-joy process.  Ever since the 4th cat's pee incident, it felt like everytime I sleep on that bed -- my pyjamas will smell like the cat's pee in the morning -- and it felt like all those microbacteria residing in the cat's pee is getting into my nerve system through all the open pores and killing me slowly.  No matter how many times I brushed the pee area or change the bedding, I can't seem to get rid of the bitter smell -- and in turn, it's making me a bitter person (yes, indeed another excuse to my depression state).

This morning, I decided to carry the heavy bed outside and spray it with the garden's hose with a spoonful of soap and just let it dry to the open air.  As of today, no, it haven't dried completely.  And as can be seen in the photo above, I can now sleep on the bed, without the bed.  A much better place than the floor, but with more structured feel of the wooden-beam.

I don't really have any trouble sleeping on the floor or any bedless area -- as long as I am used to that place and surrounded with people that I trust.  The beau said that I am an easy sleeper as I often sleep at the co-driver seat while he's driving -- even if it's a bumpy ride, at the most awkward posture.  I don't think I spent my day with heavy activity that makes me an easy sleeper.  It's just that -- I'm a sleeper kind of person -- I guess -- and I sleep when i want to sleep.  I sleep when I'm bored.  I sleep when I'm stressed.  I sleep when decided not to dwell into any heartbreaking issues.  I sleep when my cat's asleep next to me.  I can even sleep in a noisy environment with heavy lighting around.  It's the mindset, dude.  As long as I am warm enough, sleep is an easier thing to do than dealing with people :-D

And -- it's definitely because I am short-sighted.  As soon as I took of my spectacles, everything is grey and blurry and bokeh-ey that sleep is the better thing to do to the eyes than straining it unnecessarily.

Anyway, I'm not sure if I'm being paranoia or something -- but I keep on feeling that the room is densely filled with the cat's stench, and yet my sister comes in and out of it regularly without any complaints, and when I asked her if she smells anything, she says that she smells nothing irregular.  It's either the cat's pee is making my nose hypersensitive to any scent, or my room has always smelled that bad.

And -- I do hope my bed is ready by tomorrow.  I have a flat butt, and sleeping on hard surfaces is not helping any of that condition.  Till then.

No comments: