Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Commitment Phobic

I am -- a commitment phobic.

When it comes to people, or to career.  It's an "either-or" case.

If I'm deeply attached to one person -- I became blind, deaf, stupid, and senseless.  Heck -- I even dread the idea of having to be contractually bonded.  Which is why I struggle to complete my studies within this one in the half years solely for the purpose of ensuring that my term of employment would not be extended.  I prefer to be free -- to come as I desire, and leave as I please.

The same goes with relationship.  Oh yes, I'm attached to one person, but I don't want to commit.  I decline to commit.  I can accompany, but I am not ready to commit -- yet.

Right now -- the submission of my final research report is far more important than a marriage proposal.  Seriously.

If I were to spend an entire life with a person, then let me be the blind, the deaf, the stupid and the senseless with a person who will let me see more, let me hear more, and let me learn more of life -- and afterlife.

Seven years ago, marriage proposal would be something very intriguing.  Not now.  Not yet.  Now I prefer to spend more time with my report.  And more time working.  A simple "how are you" or "how's your day" is enough to make me happy.  Not a marriage proposal.  Unfortunately.

No comments: