I - have - finally -- so-called -- completed - my - main - experimental - project! Woot woot.. Operated the universal testing machine all by myself and have a heck of time twisting and tightening the clamp jig that at one time, it felt like I'm another step closer to be afflicted with the carpal tunnel syndrome. Yes, my favourite term inspired from the ergonomics subject. But, it's worth it. Definitely worth it.
Anyway, I had a chat with Mr Derrick today, the lab technician about -- well -- everything that crossed my mind. Like, his retirement. The university's age. My studies. The education system. Some political thingy that I never thought I could converse with a 50+ years old man. Mr Derrick amuses me by saying that I am the first student that can converse proper English with him. Like -- are you 'effing' kidding me? I speak proper 'Manglish' -- that might be true, without any doubt. Grammar aku tunggang langgang bai, I just speak what I feel sounds good. And never trust what I wrote because nowadays, I don't really speak as I write. So he asked me about my educational background and even asked me about my school.
I told B about this and asked him -- do I speak that well because last time, Summer told me the same thing and assumed that I am an urban-modern kind of person, and it still amuses me because I know I stutter a lot and often faced with lost-of-words moment and often being labelled as the 'quietest person in the class' in most yearbook. He said, "entah, tak pernah dengar kamu cakap english.' Ouh, bummer.
But, that kinda made my day. It makes you feel that you have achieved something new that you never thought someone would've mentioned about -- and when people give you a positive impression, you became a positive person as well -- I guess.
So, later, off we went to Putrajaya, B's favourite hangout place and venture to another park that we have yet explored to. On our way back, a guy with a very foreign accent approached us and asked if we can give him a lift to the bridge at Putrajaya that people often took photo. I am almost instantly suspicious because it's not an everyday thing that somebody approached you and asked for a lift -- especially in Malaysia. But, B is the more flex type that he just agreed.
Turns out that that guy is the most polite and proper person I have ever met -- like seriously. He finishes of his drinking can before going into the car so that he won't spill anything in it, wore a new t-shirt so that the car seat won't be stained with his sweats -- I mean, wow, that's an amazing first impression.
Upon talking with him, got to know that he's a traveler on a 2 weeks holiday during an abroad work-trip to Singapore. And his weird accent came from France. France, dude! He speaks very good English, and yes, he speaks French. A friendly French is in my car! Got some first hand French lesson and he get to hear our French in return, although we only utter a mere qu'est-ce que c'est and le bouton rouge la thing, it is so bloody enlightening.
The French guy, whom I can't recall his name - something that started with a 'V' - is a very friendly person that talking to him makes you feel like you've known him your entire life. I adore traveler, and an active one, and a friendly one makes it even better. I told him how much I adore France and Italy, and so, he asked us if we've traveled anywhere. I told him that the only foreign place I went to is S'pore, and B's foreign place is Thailand -- and an illegal one as well. When he asked why don't we travel to places that we love more often, I gave a simple and precise answer -- it's the money.
Anyway, it is such a joy to be able to talk to some strangers and make some new pleasant connections. I love meeting new people, learning new things, open up to different conversation -- not mere useless gossips. As we parted, he says "Thank you so much for your help. I wish you do well in your studies. You will get a good job, perform well, and I believe you can save enough money to travel someday as you wished. I believe you can do it."
And WOW-- that is by far the best wishes someone would've ever said to me. Thank you so much, and may God bless you, Mr. V. And may you are always blossomed with happiness -- and beautiful picture. Oh, by the way, you have a cool camera as well.
What a day. Talking with a lab technician that have a last name that sounded very Mexican, by far the best on-the-road chit chat with B, and a friendly French that sparks your interest to study French further.
Sometimes, happiness and pleasure comes in the simplest manner. And it doesn't take too much to smile nowadays. (^U^)
2 comments:
cool gila french! dulu aku cuma berbual dgn british couple kat airport masa rombongan sekolah gi sana. itu pon cam excited sbb cam budak sekolah yg first time converse fully english dgn foreigner. sekali masuk U, hamik ko. tapi aku rasa kalau aku yg jumpe french dude tu aku jadi tongue-tied kot. c'est pas grave! hahahaha
haha! ko takkan jadi tongue tied with that dude...bloody friendly and you would've think you've a learned a lot with that mere 30 minutes of ride..excited one kind.
Post a Comment