Friday, April 1, 2011

Hijabis Clan

I always turn to youtube to look some funky solution -- from sewing a wedding dress from t-shirt, to simple dessert preparations, to calculus solutions.  Yes, I am that lame.  Youtube is my savior.

So, my recent youtube search would involve ways of wearing shawl in the most effortless and simple manner without looking too messed up -- mainly because I'm a lazy douche.  My search resulted with endless listing of teenage hijabis Malaysians giving a go on posting videos and tips and so-called tutorial of various ways of styling the shawl.  

Well -- some did well in the sense that it trigger my 'oh this in interesting' thought.  Majority just annoys the crap out of me.  For one thing, I want the tips or tutorials to be delivered to me in a quick and articulate manner.  I am a very impatient woman and waiting for that particular model to twist and turn in front of the mirror to get the fold that they wanted makes me click the fwd button more frequently.  What irked me the most is the lengthy introduction of involving "Haaaaaiiiii semuaaaaa... Tipah di siniiii.   Hari ni Tipah nak tunjuk macam mana nak pakai shawl blaaaa blaaa blaaaa... Style ni bagus untuk blaaa blaaa blaaa...  Tipah suka buat gaya ini sebab blaaa blaaa blaaa..."  Cut the crap, dude.  Go back to your movie editing program and learn the function called 'crop'.  I want the short tutorial, not the lecture.

Since I'm talking about hijabs, of all the inventions and evolution to hijab trend, the one that I found most ridiculous would be those clip on the inner thing so that it create a folded effect that looked like some kind of arabic turban.  The thing is -- it doesn't look anything like that, and nothing close to be interpreted as the original turban like the one worn by Ustazah Fatimah Zahra.  At least, she have the look to wear something like that and still exhibit elegance and grace.  The clip on thing?  It looks funny instead.

Another trend that seems spreading like a viral would be the adornment of big-humongous flower petal brooch at the side of the head, near the ears.  As if becoming Bollywood-y at beach in hijab.  Those flowers are intended to be slipped between the ear to create that layback-beach-glamour.  Wearing it with a hijab?  Well -- I feel it's too much for my head to bear.  Even monkeys are not interested to play aroung with that flower.

Ah -- then -- who am I to complain.  And why am I channeling these negative emotion all over this space?  Cis, I blame the irritating videos.

2 comments:

Miss CJ said...

Setuju 100%

Tapi apa kata ko share dgn aku url vids yg ko rasa ngajo oke. Like pix bawah ko ni?

I just bought the most beautiful satin shawl & I have no idea how to wrap it.

Ms. M said...

owh, aku dh lupa which link is the good vid. aku cuma ingat hana tajima's video je selepas layan video merepek org lain. kalau aku jumpe aku share..

Oh, this ala-ala burberry shawl? Hahaha, itu nama wrapping cara ayam. Setakat cukup syarat nak snap gambar je..lagi 5 minit pakai style cmtu, rambut dh all out mcm hantu kak limah..haha