"Bila bangun tidur, don't forget to hug me and kiss baby dalam tummy."
Some of the random text I sent to my husband waktu dia tengah sedap berkeruh dekat sebelah -- a day prior to his departure back to Malaysia. I was awake that night, examining his face profiles, every lubuk jerawat, his huge nostrils, his deep eyes -- thinking how I'm going to miss it for days to come.
It was his second visit to Japan, and this time, he brought along his mum to enjoy the perks of being at foreign land. I would say, the 7 days visit are the best time yet I have ever experienced being here. Oooohh, how it passed so quickly -- I mean, just typing this made me very weepy already.
I am very fortunate to be blessed with mum in law yang sangat awesome and does not demand much from the menantu. She knows very well that I am a mediocre cook, and yet, she complemented every single meal I cooked. I really do not mind cooking although I initially planned quite a number of eating-out venues -- looking at hubby's picky appetite and his preferences of home-cooked food over Japan-Thai-style food that I frequently ate during most of weekends with fellow friends here. Being away from local delicacies, you just have to make do with what is being offered here.
And to cook for somebody, really elevates the joy of eating to a whole different level.
Although we did not go out to many interesting places as initially planned due to mum's leg condition, and of my own heavy-set pregnant figure -- it makes walking quite a painful and tiring experience. Most of the time, we stayed at home watching some old P.Ramlee movie or horror movie during the night-time and laugh our heart out of all the funny antiques, while preparing meal for the family -- THAT, my dear friends, are the simple happiness that finally filled my often lonely heart.
The house feels so alive with their laughter and company.
And when it ended -- it brought a very abrupt silence back to this tiny space.
Oh how I really missed them already.
Pernah tak aku cakap yang bila dah kahwin, rasa sayang tu dah lain, rasa kasih tu dah lain, love itself is something different. Upon marriage, you devote one heart to your partner for the blessing of God -- and it feels -- amazing. I makes you want to love more, it makes you want to care more, it makes you crave for more attention from your partner.
Atau mungkin sebab it's just the distance that made me feel this way...?
Or it's just the pregnancy?
Entahlah.
Husband is not really the romantic type. Kadang-kadang, you just wonder whether you really meant something in his life. He's not the type yang obses nak ambil gambar berdua dengan isteri, and at times, he prefers to fill his camera memory card with photos of flowers. Nak harap cheesy romantic FB statuses meant for you -- mintak maaf lah. He did not really fill his albums with our photos. More photos of his cats than me.
Tapi bila berdua, kuat menyakat -- definitely. Waktu bangun tidur, dia kata muka aku macam nyonya tua. One time, suruh aku ketuk pisau dua kali dekat papan pemotong, followed by gelek gedik gerudi sebelum dia ajar cara potong buah kiwi. Atau cara terbaik nak buat kopi atau milo jadi sedap is tambah susu and goyang punggung. And bila aku gelak masa duduk bersila with that huge belly, dia kata macam rupa Katy Perry menari.
This morning, his usual text -- with some added juice.
"Salam pagi sayang."
"Have a nice day."
"Miss u."
"Love u."
"Nanti sayang bangun, dengar lagu John Legend - all of me."
"Khas untuk sayang."
Pagi-pagi dah buat aku rasa weepy bila baca lirik lagu John Legend tu.
Him and his odd ways of showing his love.
Oh God, please bless our marriage and fill it with happiness and laughter.



No comments:
Post a Comment