Tuesday, February 23, 2010

nerd in the house!

Blog updating has been very rare these few days.  I still remember the time when I blog almost everyday back then, masa zaman lecturer suka buat slide reading instead of teaching, masa zaman crush muda-mudi got crushed, masa zaman mula-mula bercinta dan macam orang bodoh tergedik-gedik rasa happy pasal perkara kecik (aku boleh kata, me-mimi-kan diri, haha!), masa zaman emo idea kena curi by Ana Banana, zaman housemate panaskan lauk dari pasar dengan rice cooker dan plastic bag, zaman housemate lagi sorang turns out married dan menjadikan bilik sewa sebagai tempat istirehat dia DAN suami, and so on...

Zaman aku join tempat kerja nombor 2 is the time when I toned down with my writing.  I began to learn about containing my self-expression in writing when some people are unable to bear criticisms coming from a timid looking person like me.  And that's when everything being explained in a metaphorical way.

Zaman tempat kerja nombor 3, blog updating became even rare.  Apatah lagi zaman pijak tempat belajar balik.  I guess, all those drama queens and people who drive your head nuts are the one that actually spiced up your life.  It's like a drama.  Kalau tak ada orang macam T-Bag atau Bellick, Prison Break is just another mundane prison that won't get you hooked to the tv.

As of now, being at home five days a week, without any boss to nag you for your lack of so-called-commitment and discipline, I'm actually out of stories to post.  Sometimes it feels like I'm too locked up in my own cocoon because the only time I get to spend some precious outing time is on the weekdays, but unfortunately most of kaki jingga ramba is working within that time.  Waktu orang lain sibuk ajak keluar, waktu tu aku pula sibuk dengan weekend classes.

Loaded with tonnes of work and assignments is no longer the highlight of the day.  Buying new gadgets does not feel too significant anymore.

Sitting at home macam anak raja, tapi tak lah kaya duduk rumah hari-hari duit masuk-kind-of-thing pun.

It's just that, I missed cooking, and washing and folding my own clothes.  Like, seriously.  As weird as it may sound, as it may be the chores many would dread, but like -- honestly...  Although I'm not a good cook, and not such a tidy person, but it's the thing that when I do it, it feels like an accomplishment.  Something that I can be proud of.  Some worth to be bragged about.  It's about showing that you can do something at which you're not good at.

Why can't I simply cook and wash and fold my own clothes here?  Basically, because bibi akak aku tu will do everything at the tip of her fingers...  Like, when she's at the kitchen, the kitchen is hers.  You can't really go in the kitchen and try to cook something or else, she'll begin to question you and nag you for not using this and that.  You can't really go to the kitchen any other time because one day, you'll find the big red bowl in one cupboard, and the next day you can't find it anywhere, and the following day, it's being stacked in another cupboard and so on.  If you are to ask the location of certain kitchen utensils, she will frantically look for it, and when she can't find it, "Apan la ni buat main".  Apan is my 4 year old nephew.  

Staying at home make me feel like a pious person.  
And a nerd too.

And I'm off to studying, because I got quiz this Sunday..  see, nerd eyh?

No comments: