It's just that my week has been to preoccupied with studying for the mid term test. Ended up that studying to the hardcore level is too adequate that when questions like "fill in the blanks with appropriate term" simply stunned you. I mean, "fill in the blanks with appropriate term" for statistics subject...? Come on... You do statistics, you calculate probabilities, you determine the critical values, you estimate projected result, optimise your process, but 'filling in the blanks'...? Ok lah, 'filling in the blanks' part didn't go that well. As usual, ini tindakan menegakkan benang yang basah. Haha.
Menjadi nerd selama seminggu cukup memenatkan. The lack of sleep, sleeping at the most awkward hours, eating, and eating, and eating, and TV, and back to the computer, and books and notes. Geng ronggeng who are working was taking the whole week of holiday and went back to their hometown - dan aku ketandusan rakan-rakan. So, that is more or less how I decided to become a nerd for the week. Heck, it's tiring. It's draining me off.
Yesterday, I bumped into my junior during my degree, and she was overly excited upon seeing me and saying "akaaaakkkk.....dah kuruuussss". Although the word 'kurus' has become part of the topic being pointed out by my former univ peeps, but it still excites me. I mean - ya, saya gemuk dulu, dan lihatlah dunia, aku-sudah-kurus kind of thing. It feels good, but the downside is that thinking that I am skinny enough, I'm beginning to return back to the eating at late hours habit justifying that 'maybe I'm too thin' kind of thing.
It's unhealthy, but studying makes me hungry, and I study most at night. My facebook status has always been filled with "eating choc pudding at 12.30am" sort of updates. The guilt is always there, but I can't really hold the pleading of my growling tummy. I can't study when I'm hungry because all I could think of is food. Food itu solace. Imagine choc pudding with crust top, and moist filling, that if you scoop the thick moist drip to your mouth, and umph, the sensation of liquid pudding encapsulating your sense of taste with a mere hint of lemon-y aroma - whalaaa, siapa dapat tahan bai. Ok lah, I'm a food lover. Only the eating habit that changes throughout the years, but I still love food as always.
Talking about meeting the ol' good peeps, it makes you realise how much you have achieved throughout the years. Kadang-kadang, too self absorbed with your current life, feeling down sebab rasa work performance teruk gila, or how you feel so low in par to other senior colleagues - when in reality, you have actually achieved so much without you really realising it. When my junior was mildly shocked when I told him about my shift of career, she went "aik, dulu beriye nak masuk industri." To think about it again, eyh, I got both. I got the industrial experience, and so I'm back to academic - it's a win-win thing. I got my own ride, I have my own gold investment, I'm moving on towards independence, and shed some kilos. At least, I have something to be proud of compared with the ME four years ago. So, I have to stop feeling bad about myself. And stop feeling bad about how other people inflicted my life in a bad way. I believe human matures with time, and so although you're strucked with series of uneventful events, but, I guess it's the thing that matures you.
Anyway, staying at home equals to melayan budak bulat ni membebel, merepek dan menyibuk. The thing with kids is that they can really annoy the crap out of you, but when they're not around, you simply misses their whacky behaviours.
She got a book entitled "Lebah yang Sibuk". Since then, I called her Cik Lebah yang sibuk everytime she starts her loitering routine in my room. Pic 1) Photo taken behind the glass door separating my room and emak's. See the nose. Cute! 2) Irritated that didn't allow her to touch my books.
Dan Cik Lebah yang sibuk is taking a nap after a busy day.
Err, kurang pasti apa yang cuba ditonjolkan dengan gambar ini... Cuma suka the lighting effect, trial session of the big project - ah blog aku, sukahati lah kan nak letak apa.
Ahhh... and.... this is the upcoming big project :-)) Teruja, nyah!





No comments:
Post a Comment