Thursday, March 6, 2014

My baby lemon

Bila tinggi perut dah mula nak melebihi tinggi dada yang mengundang rasa undescribable dalam diri, jawapan cliche suami saya : "Biasalah tu, mengandung..."

Tetapi, ini adalah pertama kali saya mengandung -- and so, everything is new and every changes to my biological system and body shape adalah sesuatu yang 'tak biasa' lagi -- pada saya.

Eventhough being pregnant is very exciting, but I seldom post entries on my pregnancy. Mainly sebab blogging from lab is NO FUN when you have that wary feel of your fellow lab mates prying you. Haha! (Perasan orang observe, padahal orang tak ambik port pun!) Sekarang baru install internet dekat rumah, so it makes browsing  and uploading entries much easier.

My pregnancy has approached its 2nd trimester (waaah, sekarang dah pandai guna perkataan trimester.... chuckles**)  -- it's already 14 weeks now. Wait, aku baru nikah like 13 weeks, camne usia kandungan boleh cecah 14 minggu ni...?? Entah-entah....... Jeng jeng jeng. Hahaha! 

The gynaecologist calculation of pregnancy is a bit weird -- I would say -- I wonder who really initiated it in the first place. If you are to browse what really happen in week 1 and 2, its more towards your tummy's preparation in conceiving a new life in it. Eventhough I know my baby is much younger than the estimated age, but I'll just make do with the gynae's estimation to make tracking of baby progress much easier. 

Towards 2nd trimester, 'bwek-bwek' session has ceased dramatically. I'm quite fortunate as my health condition still permits me to move around quite actively during the first trimester. It's just the weather and the big humongous M (read: malas) that made me 'ponteng' lab session one of those days. Bila acquaintance inquired about my early pregnancy, they are quite amazed at my ability to still get up and move around as based on their own experience and observations, the first 8 weeks are the hardest part -- when some couldn't even get up to do anything. It's the genetic, I guess. So far, aku tengok tak adalah kakak-kakak aku having severe allergies or sickness during their early pregnancy. 

Which is a bless -- sebab going through the days of your pregnancy ALONE, on your own, is not as easy as it seem. You are in constant need of emotional support from the other half, and yet, long-distance just couldn't make up much to what you really need. Imagine if my morning-sickness is too severe during such times -- aku rasa tiap-tiap minggu aku balik Malaysia.

Being far and apart from the husband -- in a way made me stronger. Tipulah sangat kalau aku kata aku tak pernah menangis sepanjang duduk sini. The first month being apart from the husband and family, tetiap pagi bangun, pikir -- ape kejadahnya aku buat dekat sini, pastu menangis. Almost everyday, kot. Nowadays, it's an occasional thing. Trying to hold myself together for the sake of the baby. 

Regardless of all the daily phone call from the hubby, and night calls before sleep, or FaceTime session, or constant reminder to not to skip my breakfast -- it is not really the same during such times when he would wake me up for my Subuh prayer, or those days when he got up early preparing the milk and breakfast meal for me. But, I know, he's trying his best to make it work and make me happy all the time -- albeit the distance.   

Anyhow, the new oddness bila mengandung -- sakit kepala sikit -- "Ahh, pregnancy sickness. Takmau pergi lab!" or emotional sikit, "Ahh, it's the hormones". In a way, aku rasa pregnancy make the best excuses when women are not in their best behaviour.

Nowadays, I count days for weeks instead of months. Macam kalau dulu, it would be much easier to say 3 bulan, but lately you prefer to use 12 weeks instead, and the more weeks you have, the more excited you feel.

The use of words such as trimester and gynea sambil angkat-angkat kening made me feel so knowledgable. Pfftt... As if!

And so, bila tinggi perut dah mula mula melebihi tinggi dada, I got to be extra careful everytime I stretch out in the lab -- which is a habit I just noticed -- sebab very recently, baru mengeliat sikit aku dah rasa perut sejuk sebab baju terselak sikit saying hi-hi to the outside world. 

And because of that, aku dah mula kenal pelbagai bentuk dan size buah-buah, even the odd ones like kumquat! The baby tracking apps installed in my phone keeps me updated with my baby's progress, and very often it made the baby's size comparison to fruits. So, as of this week, my baby is already the size of a lemon.



Whoaaa -- like no shit. That huge already??? Fine tak besar mana. But still, I feel huge. Oh, that's double layer clothes, by the way (yer, mencipta alasan lagi...)

Anyway, I really hope everything goes smoothly for the upcoming months. I had a feeling that my husband would only visit me twice je kot throughout the 9 months duration. Ok, jangan fikir sangat. It turns on the 'crybaby' button. Harap kuat. Kena kuat!


No comments: